I'm so happy it's summer. I always get mad if I feel that I'm not taking full advantage of this beautiful hot weather.
1. Up All Night - The Young Knives - because it just sounds all fun and summer-y. Doesn't it make you want to go out dancing? We are staying up all night.
2. Awkward Kisser - Telekinesis - because shazaam doesn't know every song on this planet, it let me down when I heard this song last year at the Echo. (like the DJ was playing it, not the band). I coincidentally stumbled upon this video on youtube recently like magic. I knew and liked Telekinesis' other songs, just didn't know this song.
3. Love You So - King Khan & BBQ - because it sounds like a summer bbq. Really.
4. Bed Space - Darwin Deez - because this song sounds like a cool breeze on a warm summer night as you're driving on the freeway.
5. Bang! - The Raveonettes - because this song sounds like a hot summer day and you're eating ice cream with your shades on.